Aleksei Kudrin Completed His Tenure as the Chairman of the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation
On November 30, 2022, Aleksei Kudrin left the post of the Chairman of the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation.
"In total, I have spent about 25 years in the public sector. Now I would like to focus on the big projects that are related to the development of private initiatives in a broad sense, but at the same time have a significant effect for people"
— Aleksei Kudrin
For nearly five years Mr. Kudrin has gone to considerable lengths in both internal and external development of the Accounts Chamber, including international cooperation. As a Chairman of the International Organization of the Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) he held the XXIII INCOSAI in Moscow in September 2019, and in November 2022 in Rio de Janeiro he summed up the results of the Russian Chairmanship in INTOSAI.
The following documents and projects were prepared and implemented within the framework of the Chairmanship:
- Moscow Declaration Survey Marathon
- International Scientific and Practical Conference under the auspices of INTOSAI Chair
- Webinars of the INTOSAI Supervisory Committee on Emerging Issues (SCEI)
- Observatory of data on the response of Governments and SAIs to the COVID-19 pandemic and a database on health audit and anti-crisis measures of states
- University for the INTOSAI Community (U-INTOSAI)
- Memorandum of Understanding between OECD and INTOSAI
- INTOSAI Strategic Plan 2023–2028
- Practical Guidance of the INTOSAI Global Expert Team (IGET) of Supreme Audit Institutions and Anti-Corruption Authorities in the prevention of and fight against corruption
- Guidance on the Audit of Public Debt
- Guidance for Public Procurement Audit
- Practical guidance on SDG audit at the regional level
- Consolidated and improved guidance on reliance on the work of internal auditors
- Casebook for Best Practice Cases of Strategic Approach to Public Auditing
- Casebook for Digital Transformation of Public Sector: Collection of Cases and Best Practices.
On the last day of his tenure as the Chairman of the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation, Mr. Kudrin warmly thanked the team for the effective work and also sent out farewell letters to his international colleagues – heads of the SAIs.