WGPD Annual Meeting “Understanding the Post-Pandemic Public Debt Environment (Lessons on PDMA)”
The annual meeting of the INTOSAI Working Group on Public Debt (WGPD) was held on May 12, 2022.
During the event, representatives of member SAIs, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank Group and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) discussed the problem of public debt sustainability in the context of multiple crises.
The report of SAI Philippines, Chair of the WGPD, was dedicated to the results of the Working Group activities over the past year: translation of guidelines and compendiums, joint events of WGPD, IMF and WB aimed at enhancing the professional capacity of the audit community, publication of the article in the INTOSAI Journal.
The attendees of the Meeting were presented with projects in development, included in the WGPD Work Plan 2023–2025:
- An Audit Reference on Fiscal Exposures
- Understanding Public Debt Authorization, Contracting, and Legal Framework of Different Countries
- Guidelines in the Audit of Government Guarantees
- Mapping of SAIs’ mandates on the audit of public debt, institutional capacities and the Regional Organization’s support and resources
- Compendium of Case Studies: Impact of Recent Health and Other Crises to Public Debt and Public Debt Management
At the end of the event a round of discussions devoted to formation of the WGPD Steering Committee (SC) took place. The main objective of the SC would be to deliver overall coordination in the framework of development and utilization of WGPD’s guidelines and other informative materials, as well as to provide strategic guidance of the Working group in accordance with the goals and objectives of the KSC and INTOSAI.